Twin Cities Gateway Visitors Bureau Marketing Services Contractor Scope of Responsibilities
The primary mission of the Twin Cities Gateway Visitors Bureau (TCG) is to generate incremental tourism-related economic impacts into and throughout the current member cities of the organization, which include: Anoka, Blaine, Coon Rapids, Fridley, Ham Lake, Lino Lakes, Mounds View, New Brighton, and Shoreview, MN. Other member cities may be added, pending Board approval.
The organization is governed by a 19-member Board of Directors with day-to-day management currently provided by two independent contractors. The Marketing Services Contractor reports directly to the Management Services Contractor and indirectly to the Executive Committee and Board of Directors.
The Marketing Services Contractor is responsible for developing, managing, and overseeing the marketing and promotional programs for the organization. Key duties include marketing plan development and execution, website updates; content development and distribution; program measurement and reporting; and marketing budget management. Working in collaboration with, at the direction of, and approval of the Bureau, its Executive Committee and Board of Directors, the Contractor will perform and deliver the work as described below.
The overall scope of responsibilities includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Develop, maintain, and manage the organization’s marketing budget.
- Create the marketing strategy and the annual marketing plan.
- Oversee development of all creative messaging for print, broadcast, video, out-of-home, special event, and digital media.
- Implement marketing programs to increase visitation and promote TCG hotels, attractions, events, meeting venues, member cities and other tourism-related assets, based on the identified strategic objectives.
- Coordinate development and design of marketing collateral materials.
- Multi-channel media negotiation and placement.
- Develop and maintain a content calendar for all platforms.
- Content development and distribution for website, native advertising, eBlasts, co-op partnerships, and social media posts.
- Maintain and update content and calendars on tcgateway.com
- Update and maintain a digital image library of TCG tourism-related assets.
- Manage agency, media, and vendor partner marketing relationships.
- Commit to maintaining and strengthening industry knowledge by attending industry conferences and establishing professional networks.
- Represent the organization in local, regional, and statewide tourism organizations; develop and maintain a positive relationship with the tourism community and marketing partners.
- Review marketing campaign metrics and analytics to measure program results, optimize campaigns, and determine return on investment.
- Prepare organizational reports including marketing analytics, marketing program updates and presentations for the Board and key stakeholders.
- Review general market research to keep abreast of industry trends.
- Prepare and submit marketing grant request applications, as appropriate.
- Participate and present, as needed, in meetings with the TCG Executive Committee, Board of Directors, key stakeholders, hotels, attractions, and public officials to provide overviews of organizational marketing activities.
- Coordinate the logistics for TCG Board of Directors, Executive Committee, and other committee meetings, including site selection and location, food and beverage provisions, and audio-visual equipment, as necessary.
- Maintain and update databases of TCG lodging property, meeting venue, attractions, Board of Directors, and key stakeholder contact information.
- Other duties as assigned.
Professional Qualifications Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, communications, or related field
- At least three years of comprehensive marketing experience
- Tourism industry experience desired, but not necessary
- Marketing program development and execution experience
- Strong online, digital media, website, and social media experience
- Creative messaging and content development abilities
- Budget development and budget management experience
- Media negotiation and media placement experience
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Self-starting creative thinker with effective time management skills
- Attention to detail and competence in project management
- Ability to work remotely with limited direct supervisions
Independent Contractor Relationship:
- It is the Bureau’s intention this relationship is as of Independent Contractor status and not construed as an employee relationship. A monthly retainer, commensurate with experience and a potential annual bonus award, based on performance, will be provided to the Contractor.
- The Contractor shall retain sole and absolute discretion in the manner and means of carrying out the scope of responsibilities. Flexible hours are acceptable with the expectation the Contractor is generally available during the typical Monday – Friday work week . Occasional evening and weekend hours, as well as out of the metro-area travel may be required.
- The Contractor will work remotely with little direct supervision.
- The Contractor shall provide all necessary equipment, materials, technology, and supplies required to perform the responsibilities.
- The Contractor is not eligible to receive or entitled to workers’ compensation, medical or health insurance, life insurance, paid vacation, pension or 401k, salary or other benefits on account of work provided.
- All Scope of Responsibilities, tasks, duties, results, or intellectual property developed or performed for the Bureau are considered “Work Product” or “Works for Hire” and shall remain the sole property of the Bureau.
- The selected Contractor will be required to acquire and maintain liability and professional errors and omissions insurance coverage.
- Steve Markuson is the only individual authorized to provide information or answer questions about the Marketing Services Contractor opportunity.
- Required: Send cover letter and current resume by August 26, 2020 to:
Twin Cities Gateway
- Optional: submit examples of any of your related marketing experience, e.g. social media posts, ad campaign work, presentations, or reports.