Sports Facilities and Events in the Twin Cities Gateway
Minneapolis-Saint Paul area Sports Complexes
The Twin Cities Gateway, located just minutes from downtown Minneapolis or Saint Paul and the MSP International Airport, is the premier destination in the U.S. for youth and amateur sports with a variety of venues capable of hosting virtually any event, tournament, or competition.
You’ll always find fun amateur Twin Cities sporting events happening in the Gateway. Check out our sports calendar to find everything from golf to ice hockey, soccer to curling. Plus the Gateway is just minutes away from exciting Twin Cities sporting events. Cheer on the Twins, Vikings, Wild or Timberwolves, and then enjoy a fun and relaxing stay in the Gateway.
Vital Sports Venue Stats
- 110 Soccer Fields with 16 lighted and 4 indoor and 6 turfed.
- 151 Ball Fields with 38 lighted and 7 different wheel complexes
- 16 indoor ice rinks & 30 outdoor ice rinks
- 87 tennis courts with 33 lighted courts
- 19 sand volleyball courts
- 26 pickleball courts with 12 indoor courts
- 9 golf courses
- 5 bowling complexes with 142 lanes
- Four Seasons Curling Club: Past training site for international Olympic athletes
- 23 lodging properties within minutes of all venues
The National Sports Center (NSC) – the world’s largest amateur sports facility – is a $40 million, 660-acre sports, event and meeting campus, located in Blaine, MN. The NSC generates over 4 million visitors annually, making it the most visited sports facility in the State of Minnesota.
The National Sports Center is also the most diverse amateur sports facility in the world. Because of the diversity of their campus, they offer a large variety of sports events, leagues and development programs. The NSC has established programs in the following sports: soccer, hockey, golf, cycling, lacrosse, ultimate, rugby, broomball and volleyball, just to name a few.
Included on the NSC campus, the Super Rink is the world’s largest ice arena. It plays host to numerous adult and youth tournaments throughout the year including the Ironman Adult Hockey Tournament, Stick it to Cancer, The All American Girls Hockey Tournament and the Herb Brooks Holiday Classic.
The NSC boasts a whopping 54 soccer fields and has been recognized ty the Guiness Book of Records as the largest soccer complex in the world. As such, the NSC offers soccer tournaments throughout the year including the NSC Spring Cup, the NSC Fall Cup, the NSC All American Cup, and the USA Cup. No other soccer complex in the country can match the tournament atmosphere generated at this facility.
NSC Facility Highlights
- 54 multi-purpose outdoor grass and turfed athletic fields with lighting on a variety of fields.
- 8 indoor ice rinks (4 NHL-size & 4 Olympic-size rinks)
- Victory Links: 18-hole PGA Tour-designed golf course with 6 tee boxes on each hole
- 5.000 seat multi-purpose stadium that is turfed.
- 58,000 square ft Sports Hall. Turfed surface that is indoor training facility for Minnesota United FC.
- 36,000 square ft Welcome Center
- 18,000 square ft Sport Expo Center with hard court surface, dropped down volleyball and basketball nets.
- On-site concessions & catering services
- 3,800 vehicle parking on-site
- NSC travel housing bureau
2200 County Hwy 10
Mounds View, MN 55112
12800 Bunker Prairie Rd NW
Coon Rapids, MN 55448
16659 NW St Francis Boulevard
Anoka MN 55303
11000 Crooked Lake Blvd NW
Coon Rapids, MN 55433