Tony Schmidt Regional Park
Tony Schmidt Regional Park is part of the Ramsey County park system. Its amenities include a guarded beach, two playgrounds, space for picnicking and birthday parties, a sports field and fishing.
LAKE JOHANNA BEACH
Ramsey County beaches and water parks season usually runs from Memorial Day to Labor Day. Lake Johanna spans over 200 acres and is on the south side of Tony Schmidt Park. This beach has nearby trees and a shaded shelter. It’s an especially good beach for families with younger children – the swimming area is on the small side and shallow a long way out.
LAKE JOHANNA FISHING
Ramsey County provides a fishing pier at this park and, according to the DNR, fish species include bullhead, crappie, bluegill, sunfish, largemouth bass, northern pike, pumpkinseed, tiger muskellunge, walleye, perch, dogfish, and carp.
- Swimming beach with beach building.
- Gazebo with four benches.
- Playfield with backstop.
- Handicap-accessible restroom in the pavilion, building near shelter and beach building.
- Parking for 136 cars with 11 boat trailer slots.
- Large playground near the beach.
- Small playground near the pavilion.
- Walking paths within the park.
- Boat launch.
- Fishing pier.
- Picnic tables throughout the park.
· 15 six-foot tables under pavilion, plus five tables outside covered area.
· Two large grills.
· Kitchen including two-burner stove, four electrical outlets, two sinks and a large commercial-grade refrigerator/freezer.
· Serving ledge with electrical outlets.
- Capacity: 125
· 10 six-foot picnic tables, plus two tables outside the shelter.
· One (36”x28”) grill.
· Serving shelf with four electrical outlets.
· Drinking fountain.
· Handicap-accessible flush toilets.
- Capacity: 75