Cross Country Skiing in The Twin Cities Gateway
Amazing ski trails near Minneapolis / Saint Paul
Bunker Hills Regional Park / Coon Rapids
- 20 kilometers of ski trails – flat to slightly hilly terrain trail loops.
- Rental skis are available at the Bunker Hills Campground Visitors Center when their is sufficient snow cover. Hours Noon – 5 p.m., Monday through Friday and 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday. It can be reached at 763-862-4970.
- The Bunker Hills Activity Center Building, located in the northern portion of the park, is open Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Stop by, get a snack and warm up!
- Need more information? Call 763-757-3920 (Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.).
Coon Rapids Regional Dam Park / Coon Rapids
- 10 kilometers of ski trails – relatively flat terrain.
- Rental skis are available at the Coon Rapids Dam Visitor Center building.
- The Coon Rapids Dam Visitor Center building’s hours of operation are Friday, noon – 5 p.m. and weekends, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Need more information? Call 763-757-4700.
Chamonix Golf Course / Lino Lakes
- 10 kilometers of ski trails – flat terrain.
- Rental skis are available at the Chomonix Golf Course clubhouse building, accessed from the intersection of Lake Drive and Aqua Lane in the City of Lino Lakes – then following Aqua Lane southeast to the clubhouse building.
- The Chomonix Golf Course clubhouse building’s hours of operation are Saturday and Sunday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Need more information? Call 651-482-8484.
Green Haven Golf Course & Event Center / Anoka
- 2.7 miles of trail for skate skiers and classic skiers on the golf course.
- The one-way trail includes double tracks for classic skiers and a 9’ wide trail for skate skiers.
- Trail beings near the first tee box and winds through the rolling hills and trees back to the club hours.
- Grooming will occur based on use and snow fall.
- Location: 2800 Greenhaven Road, Anoka
- Information: www.ci.anoka.mn.us or 763-576-2971
Anoka Nature Preserve / Anoka
- Five kilometers of partially wooded trails with mostly flat terrain for skiers.
- Trails will be groomed for multi-use to allow shared use by skiers, snow shoes, and walkers.
- A groomer will be used to smooth the trail surfaces, but will not be setting classic ski tracks.
- Classic skiers wanting to ski in groomed tracks are encouraged to use the trail at Green Haven Golf Course and Event Center; 2800 Greenhaven Road in Anoka.
- Location: 535 Parkview Lane, Anoka
- Information: www.ci.anoka.mn.us or 763-576-2980
Grass Lake / Shoreview
The Grass Lake section of Vadnais‐Snail Lakes Regional Park consists of a 3K two-way classic ski trail for novice skiers (no skating). This site has both wooded and marshland characteristics. Grass Lake is located approximately 1 mile north of I‐694 on Victoria Street, then right on Gramsie Road. The trail is accessible from the Grass Lake scenic overlook located at 500 Gramsie Road, Shoreview, MN 55126.
Bunker Hills Regional Park – Skijoring Course
Bunker Hills Regional Park is home to a skijoring trail. Skijoring is the sport combining cross-country skiing and dog sledding. A dog, or team of dogs, pulls a skier. Over 8 kilometers of groomed trail meanders through the oaks, pines and prairie in the western portion of the park. Dogs must be licensed. Skiers must have a MN Ski Pass.
- 12 kilometers of skijoring trails – flat to slightly hilly terrain trail loops.
- Rental skis are available at the Bunker Hills Campground Visitors Center. The visitors’ center can be reached at 763-862-4970.
- The Bunker Hills Activity Center Building, located in the northern portion of the park, is open Monday – Friday from 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Stop by, get a snack and warm up!
- Need more information? Call 763-757-3920 Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.