National Sports Center’s Victory Links hosts 3M Championship final qualifier on Tuesday
Blaine, Minn. (July 27, 2015) – The Victory Links golf course at the National Sports Center in Blaine will host the final qualifier for the 2015 3M Championship on Tuesday, July 28. A maximum of seven qualifiers from the 30 player field will earn spots in the 3M Championship Champions Tour event at the TPC Twin Cities in Blaine, which begins Friday, July 31.
For Tuesday’s qualifier, Victory Links will play at 6,855 yards and a par 71.
Some of the notable golfers who will tee it up on Tuesday include R.W. Eaks, with four wins on the Champions Tour; Australian Peter Senior, with four wins on the European Tour; John Inman, two PGA Tour wins; Guy Boros, one PGA Tour win. There are two Minnesota golfers in the field. Multiple Minnesota PGA title winner Don Berry will represent Edinburg U.S.A. in Brooklyn Park, and Aaron McClay of Buffalo will represent Riverwood National Golf Course.
Here are the tee times for Tuesday
- 8 a.m.: James Rutledge, Victoria, B.C.; Bob Friend, Pittsburg, Pa.; Eric Egloff, Sandy Spring, Md.
- 8:20 a.m.: Trevor Dodds, Chesterfield, Mo.; Ted Schultz, Louisville, Ky.; Brian Wilson, Fort Worth, Tex.
- 8:30 a.m.: Don Berry, Brooklyn Park, Minn.; James Mason, Dillard, Ga.; Stuart Hendley, Midland, Tex.
- 8:40 a.m.: Jay Delsing, St. Louis, Mo.; Geoffrey Sisk, Marshfield, Mass.; Randal Sparks, Rio Rico, Ariz.
- 8:50 a.m.: Greg Kraft, Bellair, Fl.; Jim Carter, Scottsdale, Ariz.; Danny Gonzalez, Round Rock, Tex.
- 9 a.m.: Brian Henninger, Wilsonville, Ore.; R.W. Eaks, Scottsdale, Ariz.; Aaron McClay, Buffalo, Minn.
- 9:10 a.m.: Jeff Freeman, Windemere, Fl.; Doug Rohrbaugh, Carbondale, Colo.; Joel Edwards, Irving, Tex.
- 9:20 a.m.: Peter Senior, Orlando, Fl.; Lance Tenbroeck, Oak Lawn, Ill.; Patrick Horgan, West Palm Beach, Fl.
- 9:30 a.m.: John Inman, Durham, N.C.; Fran Quinn, Holden, Mass.; Sonny Skinner, Sylvester, Ga.
- 9:40 a.m.: Guy Boros, Fort Lauderdale, Fl.; Peter Fowler, Auckland, New Zealand; Dick Mast, Lynchburg, Va.
About the National Sports Center:
The National Sports Center (NSC) is a 600-acre multi-sport facility located in Blaine, Minnesota. The campus includes the Schwan Super Rink; a soccer stadium; the Schwan Center meeting and convention building; the 18-hole Victory Links golf course; an indoor Sports Hall with a FieldTurf field; 150-bed residence hall; and 46 soccer fields. The facility hosts nearly 300 events annually, and has welcomed approximately 36 million visitors since its opening. The NSC generates over $50 million in annual economic impact. The facility is the home of the Minnesota United FC professional soccer team.