Pet Expo at Banfill-Locke Center for the Arts Saturday, August 8, 1 to 4 pm
Fridley, MN- July 27, 2015. In association with the exhibition Pets on View in the galleries, Banfill-Locke Center for the Arts is hosting a Pet Expo celebrating our friends of the animal nature. The free festival is scheduled for Saturday, August 8 from 1 to 4 pm and will feature a variety of pet friendly activities and vendors. The event will take place in the Banfill-Locke building and outside in Manomin Park. Whether you have five, one, or no animals in your life, everyone is welcome to come and enjoy this celebration of pets!
Throughout the event:
- Blackbird Bikes will be on site demonstrating these unique bicycles that allow you to ride alongside your dog.
- The Silver Hound will be selling handmade collars and bowties for your four-legged friends.
- Giffy Dog will be dispensing behavior and training information.
- Can Do Canine will share their exciting program training service dogs.
- Mini & French will have adorable pet decals for sale.
- Artist Melissa Black will be demonstrating her animal portraiture process.
- An art scavenger hunt in the galleries will have visitors taking a good look at the 115+ works of pet art in the exhibition.
- All visitors can go home with their own pet from the pet rock creating station.
- Bring your pet to have its photo taken in the pet portrait booth or borrow someone else’s pet for a fun picture.
This is a free event and visitors are invited to bring well behaved pets to enjoy the afternoon at the art center.
Pets on View: Melissa Black’s Petburbia and Litters More Art is an exhibition in the galleries through August 22. Featuring work by Marion Robison, Joyce VanderWyst, Kat Corrigan, Catherine Vesley, Elysia Springer, Jason Kuehn, Elizabeth Geiger, Jessie Lawson, and Rebecca Meszler, this show portrays animal art in a variety of mediums and styles. From live beta fish swimming around artist designed fishscapes, to felted dogs made with dog fur, to cat sculptures, to traditional portraits, this exhibition is sure to delight all who enjoy the company of pets in any form.
Banfill-Locke Center for the Arts (BCLA) is a source for the community providing inspiration, enrichment, enjoyment, opportunities and education through the arts. Since 1979, Banfill-Locke has served the community through accessible arts programming including gallery exhibitions, classes and workshops, festivals, gift shop, literary readings and artist residencies. The Art Center has inhabited the historic former Banfill Tavern and Locke House since 1988 through a public/private ownership with the Anoka County Parks Department. Regular hours are Tuesday through Saturday, 10 am to 4 pm. For more information call (763) 574-1850 or email email@example.com. Find us on Facebook or check out our website www.banfilllocke.org.